Sunday, January 31, 2010

What Generates my Passion?

Since the tender age of three-years-old, I considered my options for my professional career. I tampered with the idea of becoming a doctor until I realized that I hated science. I thought about being a lawyer until I came to the conclusion that arguing was not my forte. I even thought that singing could be my destiny until I figured out that I couldn't hold a strong note. As years passed, I played in my mind the simple question, "What is my passion?" I finally recognized that my love for writing out-shined all the other options.

As a public relations student at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, I know that my passion for writing is generated through my school work and my drive to succeed. I have adapted to the constant reminders that writing is the tool used to reach complete happiness and I have used my passion to help me progress in my prospective profession. Not only have I written for the school newspaper, but I have interacted with all realms of journalism. I use the knowledge from my school work, internships and job opportunities to ignite my excitement for writing and to propel me forward to learn more about my career.

One of the courses that I am currently enrolled in is Public Relations Research and Strategies. This course advances my enthusiasm for writing and for public relations. The course places emphasis on team work, individual effort, traditional and social media, presentation skills, research skills and, of course, effective writing. This course is designed to help me focus on my overall objectives and learn a variety of techniques along the way that will prepare me for my professional career. For example, I plan on using this blog as an opening to gain experience within social media and eventually, adopt new ideas about writing.

At the end of my academic journey, I will utilize these skills and take with me my knowledge, expericences and, most importantly, my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment